- Comms & Navigation
- FT-70DR FT-70 Yaesu 144/430 MHz Digital/Analog Handheld Transceiver
FT-70DR FT-70 Yaesu 144/430 MHz Digital/Analog Handheld Transceiver
FT-70DR C4FM FDMA / FM 144/430 MHz Dual Band 5W Handheld Transceiver
The new FT-70DR is a compact and very attractively priced YAESU System Fusion transceiver providing both conventional analog FM operation and the advanced C4FM Digital mode. The FT-70DR provides up to 5W of reliable RF power, and its large Front Speaker delivers 700mW of Loud Audio Output. Because C4FM has better BER (Bit Error Rate) characteristics than other digital modulations, the user can expect exceptional audio quality. The new digital FT-70DR includes our unique Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function. AMS detects the operating mode of the received signal as C4FM digital or analog FM, and then automatically and instantly switches the receiver to the appropriate mode. Users do not need to manually change between modes. The multi-colored LED Mode-Indicator displayed on the front allows the operator to easily see what mode the FT-70DR is in at any given moment. LED Mode-Indicator clearly and visibly shows the transmit/ receive mode by changing its color so that the operating mode of the transceiver is easily recognized at a glance. One of the other distinguishing features of the FT-70DR is Digital Group Monitor (GM) with DG-ID (Digital Group Identification) and DP-ID (Digital Personal Identification) now included in the FT-70DR, to simplify the GM operation. Simply put, the transceivers selecting the same DG-ID or DP-ID can communicate with each other. Between 00 and 99 DG-ID and DP-ID are selectable which provides loads of flexibility so that users can enjoy group communication with friends in GM mode in accordance to their individual operational needs.
Commercial Grade VHF / UHF
- The FT-70DR is built to commercial grade standards, including the IP54 Rating for Dust and Water protection, making this radio suitable for operation in the harshest of environments.
Wide band receive coverage
- 108 MHz - 580 MHz, continuous reception for aircraft bands, public service channels, etc.
Versatile Scanning Capabilities
- Programmable VFO Scan, scans all channels in the desired frequency range,
- Memory scan allows scanning of user selectable frequencies,
- Priority Channel Scan can be used to scan memory channels while making one channel a priority.
- Weather Alert scan alerts the user when severe weather is approaching.
Automatic Mode Select (AMS)
- The Automatic Mode Select function detects the receive signal mode
- The transceiver automatically selects one of the four communication modes according to the signal received. This is extremely convenient when listening for communications, as you do not need to be aware of the other party’s communication mode. The transceiver can also be operated in a fixed communication mode.
More Advanced Features
- Other advanced features include: External DC Jack for DC Supply Operation and to Charge the Battery, Mini USB
- port for convenient programming and software updates, CTCSS/ DCS Operation, Automatic Power Off (APO)
- feature, RF Squelch, Transmitter Time Out Timer (TOT) and Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO).